Job Title: Elevator Installer/Mechanic ,
Reports to: Area Superintendent / Field Operations Manager
Department: Field Operations
New Construction / Modernization Constructors:
- Assemble, install, and replace elevators, escalators, dumbwaiters, moving walkways, and similar equipment in new and existing buildings.
- Responsible for modernizing older, outdated equipment to higher standards and code compliance.
- Utilize blueprints or manuals to install rails, machinery, car enclosures, motors, pumps, cylinders, and plunger foundations.
- In addition to elevators and escalators, mechanics may install devices such as dumbwaiters and material lifts—which are similar to elevators in design—as well as moving walkways, stair lifts, and wheelchair lifts.
- Good physical conditions, able to lift, climb, bend, reach, walk, stand, stoop coupled with fine manipulation.
- Elevator constructors lift and carry heavy equipment and parts, and may work in cramped spaces or awkward positions. Potential hazards include falls, electrical shock, muscle strains, and other injuries related to handling heavy equipment. See fit-for-duty requirements
- Mechanical aptitude, with strong electrical – eye for detail.
- Hold Mechanics credentials – Minimum 5 years in the trade with elevator license
- Successful completion of 4 year apprenticeship program preferred
- Good / valid driver’s license – able to travel as needed
Education: A High School Diploma, or equivalent, College level courses associated with electronics, physics, and mathematics may be helpful due to the complexity of elevators.
Our fulltime employees receive an outstanding benefit package.FILL OUT JOB APPLICATION